Tuesday, December 29, 2015
Sunday, December 13, 2015
Monday, November 9, 2015
Thursday, November 5, 2015
Friday, October 30, 2015
Tuesday, October 27, 2015
Friday, October 23, 2015
Thursday, October 1, 2015
Wednesday, September 30, 2015
Tuesday, September 15, 2015
Wednesday, July 29, 2015
Sunday, July 19, 2015
Thursday, July 16, 2015
Released in 1985 Alexander O'Neal's Self Titled debut peaked at #92 on the Billboard 200 and reached #21 on the Top R&B/Hip Hop Chart. Coming with classic R&B Produced By Jimmy Jam, Terry Lewis, & Monte Moir they put together one of the best records in 1985. Alexander O'Neal is a great vocalist one of the best coming out of MPLS, "If You Were Here Tonight" written by Monte Moir is one of the best slow jams ever reaching #62 on the Hot R&B/Hip Hop Songs but had more success in the UK Singles Chart reaching #13. "Innocent" written by Jam & Lewis classic R&B dance track which was the 1st single off the album charted at #11 on the Hot R&B/Hip Hop chart, in a lot of ways it reminds me of "Get It Up" from The Time's first release because of the Low Vocals in the song reminds me of Morris Day then in Alexander O'Neal fashion he goes in and the song jams! This is an excellent album from beginning to end not one bad song, in which I give this album 5 Out Of 5 Turntables A Classic.
Tuesday, July 14, 2015
Released December 4th 2001 Music & Me reached #3 on the Top R&B/Hip Hop Charts and #32 on the Billboard 200. This album has some great feature artist including Dr. Dre, Xzibit, Kurupt, Fabolous, Ludacris, Pharoahe Monch, and Snoop Dogg with some Production from Dr. Dre, Mel-Man, and Jermaine Dupri. With a good amount of commercial success Nate Dogg came with that Classic "G-Funk" sound, the hit single "I Got Love" also appeared on the soundtrack of the Jason Statham film The Transporter and reached #33 on the Rhythmic Top 40 chart. Music & Me is a definate Classic West Coast album and 1 of the best in 2001, no one could harmonize like Nate Dogg and his vocals are still unmatched till this day. This album is worth a revisit for this genration and future generations to come in which I give this album 5 Out Of 5 Turntables Classic!
Monday, July 13, 2015
Ghostface Killah is 1 of the most consistant M.C.'s in the game he's back with Twelve Reasons To Die II, I can never get tired of Ghostface this album just like the first 1 plays like a movie with features from Raekwon, RZA, Chino XL, Bilal, Lyrics Born, & Scarub. Lyrically the album is on point it sounds like classic Wu-Tang Clan to me produced by Adrian Younge. Again like a movie Rza is narrating though this album bringing a story together on record and Ghostface paints a picture with his words that you can see in your mind. All 13 tracks are hard and hit you right in the face, the deluxe edition also includes the instrumentals. This album is worth being picked up I'll give this release 4 Out Of 5 Turntables.
Wednesday, July 8, 2015
Monday, July 6, 2015
Hello "Purple People!"
I'm sure you fans remember a year ago the big announcement of Prince signing back with Warner Bros. Records to release 2 new albums and he regaining ownership of his catalog. Also it was announced that there was going to be a re-released remastered deluxe version of the classic album Purple Rain for its 30th anniversary. Well its been a whole year and the 31st anniversary just past almost 2 weeks ago and we still have yet to see the re-release of this landmark album. Are you fans shocked lol? I think its pretty obvious we will not see the release of Purple Rain deluxe edition, at least not anytime soon. So after listening and watching countless hours of concerts, rehearsals, and tv performances I thought it would be fun and interesting by creating a list of my 30 favorite moments of Prince's signature song Purple Rain." Some of you fans who are hardcore collectors of unofficial releases/bootlegs like myself will probably be familiar with some of my selections. Again these are MY personal favorite moments, in no particular order. Hope you guys enjoy.
My 30 Favorite performances of Purple Rain:
1. First Avenue Benefit show - Minneapolis, MN, 8/3/83 (the full 16 min. version)
2. Purple Rain Tour - Syracuse, NY, 3/30/85 (probably my favorite performance of the song)
3. Parade Tour - Hamburg, Germany, 8/31/86 (A must listen!!! 1 of the best guitar solos!)
4. American Music Awards - 1/28/85 (1 of the best Prince TV performances!)
5. Purple Rain Tour - Dallas, TX, 12/31/84 (Amazing!!! One of the best from the tour)
6. Parade Tour - Stockholm, Sweden, 8/22/86 (Excellent performance!)
7. Lovesexy Tour - Dortmund, Germany, 9/9/88 (Amazing!)
8. Nude Tour - Tokyo, Japan, 8/31/90 (Excellent performance!)
9. Rave Un2 The Year 2000 home video (Great!)
10. Purple Rain Tour - Atlanta, GA, 1/4/85 (Fantastic!!!)
11. First Avenue Birthday Rehearsal #1 - May/June 1984 (called "Gotta Shake This Feeling" on bootleg)
12. Lovesexy Tour - Sendai, Japan, 2/1/89
13. Lovesexy Tour - Nagoya, Japan, 2/7/89
14. Purple Rain Tour - Tacoma, Washington, 2/14/85
15. First Avenue Warm Up show, Minneapolis, MN, 3/3/86
16. Parade Tour - London, England, 8/12/86
17. Purple Rain Tour - San Francisco, CA, 3/1/85
18. Purple Rain Tour - San Francisco, CA, 3/3/85
19. Purple Rain Tour - San Francisco, CA, 3/4/85
20. Parade Tour - Osaka, Japan, 9/5/86
21. Parade Tour - Yokohamma, Japan, 9/9/86 (last show with The Revolution)
22. Nude Tour - Heerenveen, The Netherlands, 8/5/90
23. Parade Tour - Rotterdam, The Netherlands, 8/18/86
24. Montreux Jazz Festival (Show #2) - Montreux, Switzerland, 7/18/09
25. Lovesexy Tour Rehearsal #5 - Paisley Park Studios, Chanhassen, MN, June 1988
26. Sign 'O' The Times Tour - Frankfurt, Germany, 5/25/87
27. Purple Rain Tour - Philadelphia, PA, 11/22/84
28. Purple Rain Tour - Miami, FL. 4/7/85
29. Diamonds & Pearls Tour - Melbourne, Australia, 4/18/92
30. Musicology Tour - Tampa, FL
by Micah Simpson aka cMs
Wednesday, July 1, 2015
Sunday, June 28, 2015
Monday, June 8, 2015
Friday, May 15, 2015
Monday, April 27, 2015
Sunday, April 19, 2015
Wednesday, March 18, 2015
March 14th 2015 Louisville, Kentucky 11pm Prince fans were treated 2 an outstanding performance by the Rude Boy himself. Prince & 3rdeyegirl put on a hell of a show for the ages. They came with there A game performing hits like Let's Go Crazy, Controversy, 1999, & Little Red Corvette. Performing also 3 tracks from his latest Album's AOA & PlectrumElectrum, FunknRoll, Clouds and PE. A new track was performed called X's Face and it bumped. 3rdeyegirl performed magnificent Donna Grantis sound great on guitar, Ida Nielsen was hitting them licks on the bass, and Hannah Welton did the damn thing on the drums. Along with Josh Welton on keys, Liv Warfield and 2 other women singing back up sounded great. He performed maybe a little over 2 hrs of FunknRoll which was awesome, although I hear all the shows where great. What a experience for those who had the opportunity to see these incredible shows.
Mr. Goodnight 4 The Purple Underground.
Mr. Goodnight 4 The Purple Underground.
Thursday, January 22, 2015
I listened to Art Official Age and PlectrumElectrum again and got to thinking these are great records that are not being promoted right. Since there release we have seen Prince actually promote these records at the Live Internet Concert on Yahoo, and Saturday Night Live. At the yahoo event no songs from AOA was played but PE got love, Saturday Night Live he started off with Clouds then played PlectrumElectrum, Marz, and Anotherlove. I thought Clouds sounded so good he would jam to that for a few but no it was stopped short.
Then the once again infamous leaving the internet again it makes one wonder "How will he promote his new material?" Leave it up to Warner Bros.? Well they have taken the helm as far as videos, releasing on there Youtube page FunknRoll, Anotherlove, and Marz. Is this enough and if not what does he have planned now in 2015. I do have a feeling that things will pick up and he knows that his fan base will keep him fresh as we always have, I almost feel like we as his fans have promoted AOA & PE great for him which may have been the plan all along.